WAESPAA facilitates professional networks and promotes the provision of, and access to, quality education services for students with special education needs. The Association aims are:
- to promote the role and status of education support administrators;
- to advocate for a range of educational services for students with disabilities;
- to promote the professional development of education support administrators and key personnel;
- to promote research and excellence in education support;
- to liaise with other organisations whose views and activities affect the development and standing of education support services and facilities;
- to provide a forum for the development of policies and exchange of ideas that relate to students and staff in education support; and,
- to promote, whether directly or by way of joint membership agreements with other associations, the interests of education support administrators.
Networking and Professional Development
WAESPAA offers a professional network which supports members in many ways. A number of professional learning opportunities are offered to members each term with topics chosen to meet current initiatives, interest and need. An Annual Conference, regular networking events and a formal Awards Night are also arranged by the Association.
Country members are provided with video and audio teleconferencing and streaming with additional days preceding the Annual conference as WAESPAA endeavors to ensure all members may contribute and participate in the Association’s activities.
All WAESPAA members are automatically members of the Australian Special Education Principals’ Association (ASEPA) – and represented at a national level.
To Register as a member of WAESPAA, please refer to our Membership Eligibility information:
C/- Gwynne Park ESC
11 Tijuana Road
Brookdale WA 6112
Please fill in your details and a member of WAESPAA will be in touch